3 Ingredients: RWS

Presented by Club President (Jul-Dec 2013) Ida Lee, CC

The 3 most important ingredients that motivate me are R.W.S.

First ingredient R : Respect

I have a piece of information on TEN GOLDEN RULES FOR GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT  which I kept for 10 years. Rule No. 10  states: “ Use the Elephant Techniques “ -  ` You can eat elephants quite easily if you can eat one bite at a time’ .

This is exactly what our club President Leena has done during her term. Through emails & Actions, gaining Point By Point, Katong has earned the Distinguished Club Program Award through her leadership.  She earns my Respect.

I am grateful for a proud moment of achievement.

The second ingredient is Wonders.

I am grateful to the wonders of our members when they tap into my mind with meaningful stories, and often personal touching stories.  Stories from the reflections  in the lakes of India to A Talk on Women’s Rights. This is the place we seek to transform ourselves.

I wish to mention our VPR, Choon Liang. We have shared his journey from dating, shopping for 5 “Cs” diamond ring to the Proposal.  He did it with Passion and Purpose . Both winning the bride’s hands and the contest trophy! I am grateful for the wonderful sharing.

The third ingredient is Sparks!

When I first joined Toastmasters 5 years ago, there was only 1 reason - to improve my communication skills. In the past few months, it concurred to me that Leadership does not depend on Perfection. When there is trust and commitment,  then there is the bridge to link you to the path of leadership.

I am grateful to find new Sparks in my life,  to be working with a harmonious team .

Toastmasters accentuate the Positive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRESIDENT'S OPENING ADDRESS 20 JAN 2011

3 TIPS ON USING ALLITERATIVE TRIADS

International Speech and Table Topics Contest 2017